City Lights (Digital Video Windows), is an evolutive and opened to citizen participation project. Initiated by the numediart Institute in April 2013 (175th anniversary of the UMONS Engineering Faculty), it aims to create an indoor architectural facade mapping of the Houdain street UMONS building.
Numediart (Research Institute for Digital Arts technologies) and Transcultures (Center for Digital Cultures – Mons) today launched call for contributions for the VIA 2014 festival (exhibition between 20 to 22 March 2014 – evening).
We are still looking for content for this in progress device evolving towards a final version shown as part of the event Mons2015 European Capital of Culture.
lire cet appel en français
- The artistic proposal can be produced by a single artist or a collective.
- The project can be a new work, an adaptation or a new version of a previous project.
- The video content should be for all types of audience (no offending content).
- The presentation of the artwork can be a “work in progress”, but in a technical-artistic state can also be shown at this stage.
- Please send a project note describing your artistic proposal and a link with your previous art works.
- You can make 14 videos that are 14 parts of a single large final video (mapped on the windows of the facade of the Faculty of Engineering building).
- You can make 14 independent videos that will be projected at the same time and which have a interest global mood or atmosphere.
- The duration of the video is 3 minutes minimum.
- 800 euros for the 14 video work that are 14 parts of a single large final video.
- 200 euros for 14 autonomous videos.
Contact – deadline
- Please send your proposal to Jacques Urbanska (Transcultures) : email@example.com - object : City Lights VIA 2014
- Deadline call to send your application: March 08, 2014
- We need your final files by maximum March 16, 2014